Thursday, August 13, 2009

Get A Life !!!


..And I stood before a huge mall, with pretty decent clothes and lots of other stuffs and guess wat ?!!.. All were just free of cost. Bought a tuxedo for myself as I was going to attend a dance club in the evening, a place where I’ve also applied for a job as a host which would pay me 75$L per hour.

I flew around for a while, visited the Great Wall of China, Taj Mahal and the Statue of Liberty.. all in few minutes and after all those travelling, I went to have a sip of coffee at the famous Coffee Shop from the TV show F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Thats me in the pic above at the coffee shop :) !!

It was time to put on my tux, adjust my hair, bring my body in perfect shape and sport a fair complexion for the evening. I entered the “Sweethearts Jazz Dance Club” and my first I did was find my friends.. the wonderful General manager Katerina, hostess Chrysalis, and the loveliest couple – BillyBob and Jeanni and of course the brain behind the Sweethearts Dance Club – Dilbert and many others, some of whom are one of my closest friends.

..Ok.!! Hold… Free shopping o_O !!?.. Visiting famous monuments in few minutes !!?.. Central Perk !! and bring your body in perfect shape just minutes before attending a party ?!! You cant even dance man and U never told me applied for a job paying you in $ !! Wake up man, stop dreaming.. Those will be the very thoughts running through your mind. Oops.. sorry I just forgot to mention, u all just know about my first life… I was describing my Second Life!!

Second Life?? What the…??

Yes, Second Life is a 3D Virtual World, where we can create, edit and modify our avatars, give it a name.. and you are ready to enter a whole new world where you can meet people from all over the world, make friends, party, dance, have a job and earn in Linden $.. the SL currency, which can also be encashed into real money ;).

Second Life gives a chance to the people to outlive their dreams for whom the RL(Real Life) sucks. People become architects, fashion designers, texture designers, etc and sell their products inside Second Life for Linden $. You also can earn being a DJ, event host, shop attendant, etc. It also serves as a great platform to make friends with people across the world and various famous places and monuments can be visited, apart from Second Life’s own mystical and sensuous creations. Companies across world even conduct meetings in SL and some individuals take up classroom sessions to share their knowledge. Some people take SL so seriously, they completely forget their RL and start a life in SL by owning a house, falling in love and even getting married with a proper marriage ceremony complete with cake, bridesmaid and best man, flower girl and the first dance.

Thats me above in traditional Indian wear :)

SL is basically a world of opportunities, knowledge mixed with fun. It worth a try once a while, a break from the real hectic world, the tensions and tiredness. Tiredness ??!! Yes.. tiredness.. coz the one thing that separates RL and SL is that in SL you have the ability to fly and teleport to different places !!

Website : www.secondlife.com

Advantages : Its fun, gives a good break from the boring RL, cool places, can earn/shop all you want!!

Disadvantages : Need good computer/internet speed with no download limit. Can tend to be boring if u land up at boring places or lagging places.




1 comment: